Empire’s Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollett star in MAC Cosmetic’s latest collaboration for Viva Glam. The products, which will be available in the Philippines in April, include Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson matte bright fuchsia lipstick, and rich fuchsia with pink pearl MAC Lipglass.
“It means the world to me to represent such an honest and giving brand like M·A·C. There have been so many advancements in treating HIV/AIDS that people no longer think it’s an issue. But I want people to know that we cannot become complacent or have a lazy attitude- because it’s still affecting people today — especially African Americans,” says Taraji.
One hundred percent of selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass go directly to the MAC Aids Fund, to help fight HIV/AIDS. To date, the Campaign has raised more than $440 million.
Here’s what buying one MAC Viva Glam lipstick provides:
• 1 rapid oral HIV test
• 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
• 1 resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization with a new job interview outfit
• 1 week of fresh fruit, vegetables and grocery essentials to a mother and child affected by HIV
• 2 nights in a clean, safe place for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
• 10 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS 14 HIV tests for pregnant mothers
• 32 safer sex kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
• 200 new syringes, which are given to injection drug users in exchange for used needles to prevent HIV infection
• 254 condoms to prevent transmission of HIV
So maybe you want to look fierce like Taraji. Or maybe you like Jussie. What ever one lipstick does for you — just know that one tube goes a long way.
* * *
Available at MAC counters in April 2017.