You’ll see it in their eyes: a stillness that comes with preparedness, as well as the willingness to go with the flow. They don’t panic through speed bumps or get bored with delays — what ever happens, they trust that the universe (or good old Google Maps), will always point them in the right direction. Here are 10 traits of the enlightened traveler:
- They prepare just enough. The enlightened traveler packs for their personal needs. They don’t like to borrow. They are considerate enough to assume that their companions have packed just enough for themselves.
- They take only pictures and leave only footprints. They clean up after themselves and leave no trace apart from friends made.
- They get lost on purpose. The enlightened traveler is not consumed by itineraries and plans. They know that the best way to get to know a city is by aimless wandering.
- They don’t look down on touristy things. They say know the rules before you break them. The same applies to traveling: touristy things are popular for a reason — they are bedrocks of culture and history.
- They respect what other travelers enjoy. Traveling is a no-judgement zone. People have spent a lot of money to have fun — let them!
- They are curious. The enlightened traveler asks questions, talks to locals, and Googles almost compulsively.
- They are still. The best way to confront a negative situation when traveling is with calmness and presence of mind. Anger, panic, or hysterical bawling won’t help.
- They pack well. They enlightened traveler is not concerned about packing light or packing heavy. They are concerned about packing what they need — size does not matter as long as everything they want to bring fits.
TUMI celebrates Enlightenment with their fall 2019 collection, encouraging travel that brings true understanding, knowledge and insight through a new range of must-haves that were created with the same values and to free the traveler of worry, frustration and distraction on their way to enlightenment.
Explore the latest collection at TUMI Greenbelt 5, TUMI Power Plant Mall, TUMI Solaire Resort & Casino, TUMI Shangri-la Plaza, TUMI Podium, and TUMI Ayala Center Cebu. For information, visit www.TUMI.com.