As our collective wanderlust peaks this holiday season, we come face-to-face with the reality that travel will definitely have to wait. So with our passports and winter coats neatly tucked away, we entertain ourselves from the comfort of our homes — through the lit-up screens that we’ve come to know so well.
The Mi 10T Pro 5G is a gamechanger, allowing us to travel from home with a 6.67-inch FHD+ 144Hz Adaptive Sync display. Having the highest refresh rate for a mobile phone, the screen of the Mi 10T Pro 5G delivers the smoothest images and videos. Virtually traveling through it is like seeing the world for real, with 20/20 vision after a full eight hours of sleep. Apart from being a reliable travel-from-home companion, the Mi 10T Pro 5G is also the perfect phone to keep you creative in quarantine with a 108MP main camera, a 13MP ultra wide-angle camera, 5MP macro camera and a 20MP front camera. But, as they say, to see is to believe. Here are 5 ways to satisfy your wanderlust from the comfort of home:
- See the Louvre and other museums — in your pajamas! Take a virtual tour of the Louvre in Paris, and see otherwise crowded works of art, such as Da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa,” Maurice-Quentin de la Tour’s “Portrait of the Marquise de Pompadour,” and 18th century sculptures, up-close. Explore the works of Jean-Michel Basquiat at The Brant Foundation in New York. Immerse yourself in the architecture of the National Gallery Singapore and enjoy a virtual display of over 115 artworks. Check out this virtual tour of the Victoria & Albert Museum in Londonfrom Joy of Museums.
- Get your royalty fix and visit Buckingham Palace. Just finished watching The Crown? While waiting for season 5, satisfy your curiosity for the inner lives of British royalty, with a tour of Buckingham Palace, minus the queues. Tours include that of the Grand Staircase, the White Drawing Room, the Throne Room, and the Blue Drawing Room.
- Visit Japan through a webcam! Missing the scenery of urban and rural Japan? Take a tour through its cities and countrysides without having to board the shinkansen. Get zen while watching Japanese trains go by, or experience the crowds at Shibuya Crossing once more. If you’re willing to shell out some cash, Japan Travel offers various online experiences, from tours of Ghibli spots, to Shibuya-by-night, to following a Tokyo geishaaround the city.
- Go on an epic train ride from your couch. The internet abounds with virtual train journeys that you can go on to escape, even just for a while. Go from Chicago to LA on the Amtrak. Explore Sri Lanka’s famous train route. Go on a steam train through the Swiss countryside. Travel down a historic landmark, 41 miles down Colorado’s Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge.
- Follow your favorite artist half-way across the globe to ring in the New Year. Head over to Tomorrowland’s New Year’s Eve event, complete with digital stages and performances by 25 artists. Dance the night away with BTS, TXT, GFRIEND, and other Big Hit artists. Revive your inner Belieber at Justin Bieber’s first live concert in years. Or, visit an empty Times Square for the virtual Ball Drop.
About the Mi 10T Pro
The flagship Mi 10T Pro takes creating and exploring to the next level, with unmatched specs in its class. Mi 10T continues to push boundaries, delivering top-notch experiences for everyone from working professionals, to streaming enthusiasts and mobile gamers. Priced at PHP 19,990 for Mi 10T and PHP 24,990 for Mi 10T Pro, the flagship models are amongst the best-in-class high-performance smartphones.
Mi 10T Pro and Mi 10T feature one of the best flat displays available in any smartphone today, with an industry-leading 144Hz refresh rate to boot. Xiaomi’s AdaptiveSync display automatically matches the content’s frame rate, from enjoying your favorite movie at 48Hz to watching TV series at 50Hz, from streaming video at 30Hz or 60Hz to scrolling social media feeds or gaming at up to 144Hz — it guarantees a smooth experience and optimum battery usage. And with Motion Estimation, Motion Compensation (MEMC) technology, the devices insert more frames to make video smoother and better viewing.
With a P3 color gamut and TrueColor, the display offers extremely wide range and accurate colors. Reading mode 3.0 simulates a paper texture to protect your eyes, while Sunlight display 3.0 automatically enhances contrast and adjusts dynamic color saturation outdoors. With a 360° ambient light sensor built in, the screen can intelligently adjust brightness, even in backlit conditions.
The Mi 10T Pro has a 108MP camera and a triple camera setup with a 13MP ultra wide-angle camera, 5MP macro camera and a 20MP front camera. It also has new and dynamic photography software features. Six standalone Long-exposure modes let anyone capture artsy shots, from Moving crowd – which focuses on an idle subject while blurring dynamic surroundings – to Star trails – which creates a swirling starry sky effect. Photo Clones captures four of you in a single shot. Plus, Timed burst feature offers endless opportunities for fun, allowing users to set up photos with a time gap that can also be converted into video, while three new photo filters – Cyberpunk, Gold vibes and Black ice – help bring the desired mood to life.
Mi 10T Pro continues the brand’s ultra-high resolution legacy with OIS and 8K video support. Video Clones capture “two selves” in one video, while Dual Video can record from the device’s front and back cameras simultaneously. Finally, Time-lapse selfie video lets users create a fast-forward effect for more engaging vlogs.
A nice alternative, while we wait to be able to return to travel physically 😉