If you’re seriously considering brushing up on #adulting skills like cooking there are comprehensive courses that deal with basic skills like learning the difference between boiling and braising, to more complicated methods like substitution and choosing better ingredients, items that are not only convenient, but are healthier in the long run, such as Gold Seas Tuna Chunks.
Tuna is a great lean meat option. Each serving is packed with nutrition, including muscle-building and brain-boosting Omega-3 fatty acids; Selenium, a rare mineral that’s also a powerful antioxidant; as well as vitamin C, zinc, and manganese, all of which strengthen your immune system.
What’s more, tuna lends itself to a multitude of dishes which are a breeze to make. Even if you’ve never really cooked a full meal in your life, you can stir together tuna, some greens, and some onions and make a decent salad!
Sustainably-sourced yellowfin tuna is packed into every can of Gold Seas Tuna Chunks, which come in two sizes – Solo (90g) and Sharing (185g). The former is perfect for a quick, healthy meal for one, while the latter is great for creating something tasty to share with friends and loved ones.
Gold Seas further prides itself on providing a variety to flavors to keep your tuna-based dishes interesting as well as nutritious. You can choose from Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil, Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil with Chili, Tuna Chunks in Herb and Garlic, Tuna Chunks in Lemon and Pepper, and Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry. If you’re a purist or if you want to make a dish with only the pure taste of tuna, there’s also Gold Seas Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Springwater.
If cooking up healthier, tastier meals sounds like something you would like to learn yourself, we’re including several easy tuna-based recipes .Check them out and try your hand at preparing these dishes yourself sometime. You may find that it’s easier than you thought, and tastier, too!
- 1 185g can Gold Seas Tuna Chunks in Herb and Garlic
- 1 small can corn kernels
- 50 g canned black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 piece lime, juiced and zested
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large pizza dough or Flour
- 170g easy-melt Cheese
- Pre-heat oven 425 degrees.
- In medium bowl, add tuna with a bit of oil from the can. Break up with fork until shredded.
- Add black beans, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, lime zest and juice. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture on pizza dough. Top with cheese and place on baking sheet.
- Bake pizza for around 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- 2 185g cans Gold Seas Tuna Chunks in Lemon and Pepper
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup Water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large leafy lettuce (leaves separated for serving)
- Make the sauce. Whisk hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil in bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and ginger.
- Add tuna. Break up with back of the spoon.
- Pour sauce and cook. Reduce. Turn off heat. Add water chestnuts and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a large scoop in the middle of lettuce leaf and serve immediately.