The Japan Foundation, Manila proudly supported the production of a Japanese-language version of PELIKULA, a journal of Philippine cinema published annually by the University of the Philippines Film Institute. The Japanese version aims to introduce and promote Filipino films, filmmakers, critics, and perspectives to Japanese audiences and will be launched as well on 21 January 2022.
Five outstanding articles written by Filipino authors were translated into the Japanese language:
- Life, Love and Labor: Depicting the OFW Subcultures in Japan in Contemporary Philippine Films by Alona Guevarra
- Temporal Technologies: Toward Southeast Asian Science Fiction Cinema by Jasmine Nadua Trice
- Shaping Filipino Regional Cinema: Film Festival Programming in Cinema Rehiyon by Katrina Ross Tan
- Rebels With a Cause: Filipino political film collectives and their cinema for the people by Julian Bato
- Philippine Cinema in the Age of Media Deliveries: Streaming Platforms from the Philippines since the COVID-19 Pandemic by Icho Pascual